Hino Castle[Castle Special Topic Japanese History]

日野城:蒲生定秀が築城し賢秀 氏郷と引き継がれた日野城(別名:中野城)【お城特集 日本の歴史】

[Castle name]
Hino Castle
Hino castle was built by Sadahide Gamo, and it was passed onto Katahide and Ujisato. (It is also called Nakano castle)

[Explanation]
Hino castle (also known as Nakano castle) was a Japanese castle located in Hino in Shiga prefecture. The castle ruin is registered as a national historic site. Otowa castle, which was located near Hino castle, was actually the residence of Gamo-shi, but Hino castle is more widely known to be their residence.

日野城:蒲生定秀が築城し賢秀 氏郷と引き継がれた日野城(別名:中野城)【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Hino castle was started to be built in 1533 by Sadahide Gamo (grandfather of Ujisato Gamo). Gamo-shi used to serve Rokkaku-shi in Omi, but in 1568, the Rokkaku family’s Kannonji Castle was destroyed in a day when Nobunaga Oda’s Joraku troops attacked them.

At that time, Sadahide and Katahide barricaded themselves in Hino castle to prepare for the attack of the Oda troops. Nobunaga did not attack Hino castle by force, and he sent Tomomori Kanbe, who was a relative of the Gamo family, to persuade them. Sadahide and Katahide gave in and handed Katahide’s nephew, Tsuruchiyomaru (Gamo-shi), as a hostage, serving Nobunaga.

※Statue of Ujisato Gamo in Hino
日野城:蒲生定秀が築城し賢秀 氏郷と引き継がれた日野城(別名:中野城)【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Tsuruchiyomaru became Nobunaga’s favorite, and he became Eboshi Oya himself, and made his second daughter the wife of Tsuyuchiyomaru. On the other hand, Ujisato Gamo gained experience as a warrior under Nobunaga.

In 1582 when the incident of Honnoji temple occurred, Katahide and his son Ujisato Gamo welcomed Nobunaga Oda’s mistresses and family members to the castle, and was preparing for Akechi force to come. However, Hideyoshi Hashiba won against Mitsuhide Akechi at the battle of Yamazaki, the Gamo family turned their side to Hideyoshi.

日野城:蒲生定秀が築城し賢秀 氏郷と引き継がれた日野城(別名:中野城)【お城特集 日本の歴史】

In 1584, Gamo-shi left Hino castle for 120 thousand Koku. After that, the owner of Hino castle changed to Yoshimasa Tanaka, and then to Masaie Natsuka, and in 1600 it was destroyed after the battle of Sekigahara.

In 1620 Nagamasa Ichihashi built a Jinya at Hino castle ruins, and it continued to be the Jinya for Nishoji domain until the Meiji restoration.






[Address,access]
Nishi Oji, Hino-cho, Ganmo-gun, Shiga

[Map]





Related post

口コミ情報 ~この史跡についてあなたが知っている情報をどんどんコメントして下さい~

  1. No comments yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

CAPTCHA


Recent comments

    Greeting

    This website is open to individuals within the scope of their hobbies. I understand that explanations and wordings etc are not accurate parts, but please understand.

    – PR –

    Return Top