Tsuchiura Castle[The feature on the castles; Japanese history]

土浦城/アクセス・場所・地図 小田城の落城後は小田氏治が本城としていた土浦城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

[Castle name]
Tsuchiura Castle
Oda Ujiharu lived in it after he lost Oda Castle.

[Description]
Tsuchiura Castle used to stand in a plain in Tsuchiura City, Ibaraki Prefecture
It was built by Wakaizumi Saburo, a retainer of the Oda family, which was a descendant of a governor of Mutsu Province, in the Muromachi period.

In the Warring States period, Sugenoya Katsusada, a retainer of the Oda family, robbed it. At that time, in Hitachi Province, the Uesugi family and the Satake family fought with the Hojo family, who reached Musashi, Shimousa, and Kazusa. The Oda family, who had joined the Hojo family, gradually lost its territory. Finally, it lost Oda Castle.

土浦城/アクセス・場所・地図 小田城の落城後は小田氏治が本城としていた土浦城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Oda Ujiharu escaped to Tsuchiura Castle, which his man Sugenoya Norimasa owned. In the 13th year of the Tensho period (A.D.1538), he surrendered to Satake Yoshishige and start serving him.

In the 18th year of the Tensho period (A.D.1590), Toyotomi Hideyoshi started Hojo Conquest. Ujiharu fought for Hojo Ujimasa. After the Hojo family surrendered to Hideyoshi, the Oda family and the Suganoyafamily were deprived of their estate and status.

土浦城/アクセス・場所・地図 小田城の落城後は小田氏治が本城としていた土浦城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Toyotomi Hideyoshi gave former Hojo estate to Tokugawa Ieyasu. Ieyasu gave Tsuchiura Castle to his second son Yuki Hideyasu. After Hideyasu was moved to Echizen Province, the head of the castle changed again and again. At last, Tsuchiya Masanao got in charge of it with 65000 kokus estate. The domain gradually extended its territory and became the second largest in Mutsu Province following Mito Domain. The domain lasted until the Meiji Restoration.

土浦城/アクセス・場所・地図 小田城の落城後は小田氏治が本城としていた土浦城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Tsuchiura Castle also called Turtle Castle because it survived many floods and it stood like a shell of a turtle The turret gate and Kasumi gate were built in the Edo period. Western turret and Eastern turret is repaired.

In the ruin of the main keep, the city office used to stand, but it burned out. Now, the place is used as a park.






[Address,access]
1-13 Chuo, Tsuchiura City, Ibaraki Prefecture 300-0043

[Map]



Related post

口コミ情報 ~この史跡についてあなたが知っている情報をどんどんコメントして下さい~

  1. No comments yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

CAPTCHA


Recent comments

    Greeting

    This website is open to individuals within the scope of their hobbies. I understand that explanations and wordings etc are not accurate parts, but please understand.
    Return Top