Soma Nakamura Castle[The feature on the castles; Japanese history]

相馬中村藩/場所・アクセス・地図 相馬家6万石:相馬誠胤 奥羽越列藩同盟に参加し仙台藩・米沢藩と共に新政府軍と交戦したが早々に恭順した相馬中村藩【幕末維新写真館】

[Castle name]
Soma Nakamura Castle
Soma Yoshitane moved to this castle to prepare for an attack of Date Masamune.

[Description]
Soma Nakamura Castle used to stand in Nakamura, Soma City, Fukushima Prefecture.
It is confusing with Nakamura Castle of the Ichijo family in Tosa, so we call it Soma Nakamura Castle to make it clear.

In the 6th year of the Eiroku period (A.D.1563), in the middle of the Warring States period, Soma Moritane expanded his territory in Namekata District, Mutsu Province. However, Iwaki Tsunetaka from the south, and Date Terumune and Date Masamune from the north put gradually increasing pressure on his territory.

相馬中村城/アクセス戦国時代に伊達政宗への備えから本拠地を移した相馬義胤の居城 中村城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Then he built Nakamura Castle in the north of his home Odaka Castle to prepare for the Date family. Even after that Masamune attacked hard, but there were no winner. At that time, Toyotomi Hideyoshi started Hojo Conquest in Kanto.

相馬中村城/アクセス戦国時代に伊達政宗への備えから本拠地を移した相馬義胤の居城 中村城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Masamune stopped attacking the Soma family to judge what to do seriously. After all, Masamune joined Hideyoshi as his retainer. The Soma family did so, too. Later on, Moritane’s grandson Toshitane moved to Nakamura Castle. He set it main base and established Soma Nakamura Domain.

After Tokugawa Ieyasu got all Japan, Soma Nakamura Domain officially admitted with 60000 kokus estate. Toshitane repaired the castle and developped the castle town. Then Nakamura Castle became an early modern style castle.

相馬中村城/アクセス戦国時代に伊達政宗への備えから本拠地を移した相馬義胤の居城 中村城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

However, in the 10th year of the Kanbun period (A.D.1670), it was hit by a thunder and the castle tower burned out. It was never rebuilt. At the end of the Edo period, Soma Domain joined the Oetsu-reppan alliance. Soma Nakamura Castle was attacked by Meiji Government and surrendered.

相馬中村城/アクセス戦国時代に伊達政宗への備えから本拠地を移した相馬義胤の居城 中村城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Furthermore, in the 4th year of the Meiji period (A.D.1871), it was destroyed in Haihan-Chiken. Now, the ruin is used as Baryo Park.






[Address,access]
976-0042 Kita Town, Nakamura, Soma City, Fukushima Prefecture 140

[Map]



Related post

口コミ情報 ~この史跡についてあなたが知っている情報をどんどんコメントして下さい~

  1. No comments yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

CAPTCHA


Recent comments

    Greeting

    This website is open to individuals within the scope of their hobbies. I understand that explanations and wordings etc are not accurate parts, but please understand.
    Return Top