Oogo Castle [Castle feature Japanese history]

大胡城/アクセス・場所・地図 豊臣秀吉の北条征伐で没落した大胡高繁の大胡城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

[Castle name]
Oogo Castle
The fall of the Great Oogo Takeshige high in the Great Oogo castle which fell down in the Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s conquest of Hojo.

[Description]
Oogo is a medieval Hirayama castle in Kawaharahama Town, Maebashi city Gumma Prefecture.
It is said that it was built by Oogo who is descendants of Fujiwara Hideno and was active in the vicinity of Oogo although the time of the castle formation is unknown.

大胡城/アクセス・場所・地図 豊臣秀吉の北条征伐で没落した大胡高繁の大胡城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

In the castle, there is Izumi Castle of Oogo, famous for the swords and the “Kamiizumi Nobutsuna”. The area around Oogo in the Warring States period is constantly a place of conflict between Taezu Uesugi and Hojo. Due to Utsugi Kenshin ‘s attack the Oogo castle became fallen castle. Kenshin’s deputy “Hojo Takahiro” will be appointed castle owner in Oogo castle, but after that, “Hiroshi” is turned to Hojo.

大胡城/アクセス・場所・地図 豊臣秀吉の北条征伐で没落した大胡高繁の大胡城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

Later, when the “Aigoshi Alliance” was established “Hojo Takahiro” was forgiven from Kenshin and was appointed castle owner of Odashi Bridge castle (Maeba Castle).”Oogo Takashi” will enter the castle as a castle owner. After that, when Kenshin died suddenly, it was between Kagetora and Scenic and when “Owner’s revolt” broke out, Takahiro Hojo attaches to the adopted “Higeki” army from Hojo. However, the Kagetora army has been killed in battle Takahiro’s eldest son “Kagehiro” has also been killed in Echigo.

大胡城/アクセス・場所・地図 豊臣秀吉の北条征伐で没落した大胡高繁の大胡城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

In February of Tensho 7th year (1579), Takahiro is subordinate to Takeda Katsuyori. When Katsuyori Takeda is destroyed by Nobunaga Oda’s conquest of Koshu, Oogo will be dominate the “Hojo Ujikuni (brother of the Ujimasa)”.

大胡城/アクセス・場所・地図 豊臣秀吉の北条征伐で没落した大胡高繁の大胡城【お城特集 日本の歴史】

When the “Odawara conquest” broke out by Toyotomi Hideyoshi in 1590, Hojo destroyed, Hojo’s “Oogo Takeshige” also confiscated the province and won the Kanto area, Tokugawa Ieyasu ‘s vassal “Makino Yasunari” will get 20,000 Jewels and become Oogo castle’s owner. When Makino was transferred to Echigo Nagamine with 50,000 Jewels in Ganwa 2nd year (1616), Oogo Ryou became the dominant place of the Maebashi clan and Oogo castle was abandoned.

大胡城/アクセス・場所・地図 豊臣秀吉の北条征伐で没落した大胡高繁の大胡城【お城特集 日本の歴史】






[Address,access]
Kawaharahama District, Maebashi city, Gunma Prefecture 371-0224

[map]





Related post

口コミ情報 ~この史跡についてあなたが知っている情報をどんどんコメントして下さい~

  1. No comments yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

CAPTCHA


Recent comments

    Greeting

    This website is open to individuals within the scope of their hobbies. I understand that explanations and wordings etc are not accurate parts, but please understand.

    – PR –

    Return Top