Tamaru Castle [Castle special collection Japanese history]

田丸城/アクセス・場所・地図 北畠具教・具房親子の居城で織田信長の攻撃で降伏・開城した田丸城【日本の歴史 お城特集】

[Name]
Tamaru Castle

[Description]
Tamaru Castle was a hill castle located today’s Tamaru Tamaki-cho Watarai, Mie. It was
built during Nanbokucho era by Chikafusa and Akinobu Kitabatake who sided with the
Nancho force.

In 1342, Takauji Ashikaga surrendered the castle. Later in Muromachi era, the head of
administrative of Ise, Mr. Kitabatake worked on reconstruction of the castle. Masasato
Kitabatake’s fourth son, Harutomi Kitabatake came to the posession of the land of Watarai,and changed his name to Harutomi Tamaru.

田丸城/アクセス・場所・地図 北畠具教・具房親子の居城で織田信長の攻撃で降伏・開城した田丸城【日本の歴史 お城特集】

In 1575, Nobunaga Oda from Owari formed troops to invade the land of Ise. Tomonori
Kitabatake and his son, Tomofusa were the head at that time, and they gave up Tamaru
Castle as agreeing to adapt Nobukatsu Oda, Nobunaga’s second son. Naomasa Tamaru, a formar guard of the castle, started to serve for Naokatsu.

Tomonori Kitabatake was deceived by Nobukatsu Kitabatake (Nobukatsu Oda) in 1576,
and that made the prestegious Kitabatake clan come to an end. Nobukatsu lived in Tamaru Castle, but built Matsugashima Castle and moved there due to the fire on Tamaru Castle.

In 1584, after the Battle of Komaki and Nagakute between the force of Hideyoshi Toyotomi and the joined force of Nobukatsu Oda and Ieyasu Tokugawa, Ujisato Gamo became in charge of Matsugashima Castle. Naomasa Tamaru served the new chief, Mr. Gamo.

Michito Inaba came to the possession of Tamaru Castle in 1590 because Ujisato Gamo
was relocated to Oshu Aizu as Oshu execution, and Naomasa Tamaru followed Mr. Gamo to Oshu. After Mr. Inaba relocated, Takatora Todo, who owned Tsu Castle and Ueno Castle, took over the control of the land. Later on, in 1619, the castle was owned by the Kishu Tokugawa clan, one of Tokugawa Gosanke, the most noble branches of the Tokugawa clan.

田丸城/アクセス・場所・地図 北畠具教・具房親子の居城で織田信長の攻撃で降伏・開城した田丸城【日本の歴史 お城特集】

A new head of administrative on Wakayama, Yorinobu Tokugawa gave 60,000 Goku to his advisor, Munenari Kuno, so he would be in charge of Tamaru Castle. However, since Mr.Kuno owned a house in Wakayama Castle town, he had his families take over the politicalresponsibility. The Kuno clan continued to rule the castle throughout Edo era unti Meiji Restoration.

There are Tamaki-cho city hall and Tamaki-cho middle school surrounded by numerous
cherry blossom trees at where Tamaru Castle was. Tenshudai (stone brick foundation
which castles are build on), stone fences, neck ditches, and moats remain to this day as the Tamaru Castle ruin.






[Location]
Tamaru Tamaki-cho Watarai, Mie 519-0415

[Map]



Related post

口コミ情報 ~この史跡についてあなたが知っている情報をどんどんコメントして下さい~

  1. No comments yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

CAPTCHA


Recent comments

    Greeting

    This website is open to individuals within the scope of their hobbies. I understand that explanations and wordings etc are not accurate parts, but please understand.
    Return Top